Welcome! My name is Jason Wright I am married to Jenny and together we have four children, Jacob, Jordan, Joel and Jasmine and four Grandchildren James, Erin, Arthur and Thomas.
My current and past ecclesiastical roles include:
- Visiting Lecturer at Bishop Grosseteste Univerity – Module leader for “Religion at the Fringes. Cults, Sects and the New Age” (current)
- Itinerant Minister of Theology and writer (current)
- Resident Theologian / elder at Bourne Evangelical Church Lincolnshire England (current)
- Affiliate of Federation of Independent Evangelical Churches (current)
- Contributor and speaker for Reachout Trust (current)
- Affiliate Minister of Christian Ministerial Fellowship International (current)
- Senior Pastor of Bourne Evangelical Church Lincolnshire England (2013-2023)
- Co-Founder of Fenlands Evangelical Network (2020)
- “Know Your Bible” advisor at Kings Evangelical Divinity School (2018-2019)
- Council Member at Christian Ministerial Fellowship International (2016-2018)
- Contributor at Cults Investigated (formerly UK Partnerships For Christ 2014-12016)
I studied Biblical Theology and Hermeneutics at Kings Evangelical Divinity School earning my Bachelor of Theology degree and Master of Arts in Theology degree via Chester University.
My MA dissertation was entitled “Watch Tower selbstidentität and the role of community needs in the Apocalypse of John: A hermeneutical evaluation” the purpose of this research was and is to advance academic knowledge concerning Watch Tower hermeneutical theory and praxis. How and why do Jehovah’s witnesses read the Bible the way they do? What are the push-pull factors behind their idiosyncratic interpretations? and How do community needs and experiences influence a religious movement’s interpretation? With a dearth of academic responses, I hope to continue exploring these research questions in this reading community with a view to a doctorate thesis and publication.
I also have a passion to share the practical benefits of my education, in particular sound hermeneutical practice, hence the motto “teaching Christians to teach themselves”
To make such a statement may appear rather arrogant, but in all humility, my burning desire is to see believers equipped; grounded in sound doctrine and able to handle scripture aright. Similar to the Apostles Peter & John I “cannot stop speaking about what I have seen and heard” (Acts 4:20)
Aiming at the academic world, my specialist field of research is 19th Century millenarian movements, and of course the hermeneutics of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Such lectures may be of particular use to students of theology, philosophy and sociology.
I am available for speaking engagements on various topics. Please check out my available lectures and book a visit
JOHN ANGLISS- Ambassador International Ministry, Chairman of CMFI, Pastor of South of Reading Christian fellowship for 40 years.
I am very happy to endorse the ministry of my friend Jason Wright, who was a valued member of the CMFI council. Jason was for some years a Jehovah Witness and the Lord delivered him from that false teaching. Since then and following in depth study with Kings Evangelical Divinity school, I have found him to be a very diligent student of the Word of God with a particular skill in Biblical hermeneutics and a good understanding of Church history and particularly the errors which have sprung therefrom. My prayer is that this website will help many and bring glory to the Lord we both serve.